Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thank You

Thank you to everyone who left kind comments when I was coping with the death of my Grandma. She will be missed but I am holding onto the good memories because I believe she would want me to do that.

Today I had a doctor's appointment in Birmingham at University of Alabama Hospital. I saw a new doctor this time. My Doctor (Hematologist/Oncologist) that I had seen since high school left to another state. I will miss him. He was a good doctor.

My new doctor is female and seemed nice today. I was happy today when she told me we I can try to take the Neupogen injections every other day and see if that kept my white blood count in ok ranges. I will have to get my blood tested in July to be sure so I hope it works. Today my white blood count was 3400 and I had missed a few doses of the Neupogen injection.

Yesterday I practiced sewing. It is quite challenging sewing and using your elbow to push the pedal but I did practice and sewed straight enough lines to complete a pillow for my Mom for Mother's Day. Well, at least the sewn part is complete. I have to iron it, crochet some flowers for the front, sew them on and then stuff it and sew up the edge. It is a start. I want to keep practicing sewing and hopefully improve.

I think the foot pedal with my elbow sewing  is going to be as challenging as a foot pedal if I have to use it for Medical Transcription. I hope most companies/doctors will allow me to use software instead since I am paralyzed, but I do not know how that works.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sorry you lost the doctor you've had for a long time but really glad the new doctor seems nice. I'm sure time will prove that she is.

I don't do a lot of sewing but I enjoy it when I do. I tried to 'feel' how it would be to use my elbow on the pedal. I would find it a challenge. Be careful and don't sew your finger.