Friday, May 09, 2008

Dinner and a movie etc.

Today I have an appointment with Vocational Rehab. I have to fill out some paperwork. I hope soon I get the necessary evaluations and get to start studying. I am still so happy that I get funding and the chance to study.

This evening is my Aunt Elizabeth's Birthday. We are going out for a celebration dinner with her and afterwards, Armando and I are going to go see a movie at the theater.

My Dad surprised me with some bonus pay for work I had done for him and it really came in handy. Armando is searching for a job in Information Technology. I am awaiting funding for studying. Things have been tight for us lately, with a capital T! So, needless to say, it is quite nice to have an evening out on the town to boost our spirits.

I completed Mom's pillow for Mother's Day last night. As usual, I could not hold the gift until Mother's Day so I gave it to her last night. She liked it. :) Later, I will take a picture of it and post here so you can see, but beware, I am a sewing newbie!

The other day my Dad sold a truck to some people originally from Guatemala. I became brave and went outside and introduced myself and tried to speak with them in Spanish. With some "improv" on the words I did not know, we understood each other and thank goodness, the lady was nice enough to help me when I had trouble with pronouncing words.

I had the best conversation on the telephone yesterday with Stephen. We have so much in common and he is such a great friend.

Have a good evening!

-M.

No comments: