Monday, March 24, 2008

Brrr

Cold weather has visited us the last few days. I've had a cold with the sniffles and congestion. I've been taking decongestant and cold medicines for a few days now.

I had this weird knot/ball under my jaw on the right in the neck area that I thought was a swollen lymph node maybe because it was sore. I noticed it the evening we flew from Chile home. I went to the doctor and she said maybe it was a blocked salivary gland. Never heard of that before. She told me to give it a few weeks, massage it, put warm compresses on it, take lemon drops and if it did not go away, to set up another appointment and she would do bloodwork and more tests. Luckily, the tenderness has gone away and it is not as big but it is still hard in that area. How odd. Hopefully it will clear itself up.

I've not been in the best of spirits lately but I am sure it is only a matter of time before I snap out of it.

Recently we cleaned out our closets and donated several boxes of clothes. Our closet is in much better shape now. I had so many clothes that I never wore getting in my way.

Currently I am reading the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is a good book and she makes me smile with her sense of humor and wit.

No comments: