Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Night

November 18, 2006

After getting off work, Armando and I went to eat sushi at Miyako Japanese Restaurant. The sushi was delicious but the restaurant was so busy that it took us quite a while to get sushi. We ate soup while waiting. It was a nice treat. I have been so tired after work that we haven’t went anywhere the past few weeks but I felt good Friday evening.

Afterwards, we went to a Tattoo place and got prices on a new tattoo that Armando would like to get. He wants to find his own design first and then get it done. Right next door to the tattoo store was a "Naughty store" and I couldn't help laughing at some of the shoes on display in the window and outfits. They had some sparkly red Dorothy in the wizard of Oz shoes with huge heels! Hehehe They were hilarious. I wish I had thought to snap a picture of them to show.

Later, we bought a few Christmas gifts. We needed to get them soon to send a package off to Chile before the deadline. Right now, I still have no idea when the Christmas deadline is for mailing packages overseas but hopefully it will be ok. Then, we looked at Best Buy and went to Barnes and Nobles bookstore. I fell asleep on the way home and woke up a few minutes before we turned into the driveway!

At a few stores we looked at the Sansa mp3 player that Armando has been telling me about. I like it a lot. It is really nice because you can watch windows media player videos on it and listen to mp3's. I have wanted something to listen to music at my desk at work when the phone calls slow down. They don't usually slow down that much but now and then they do and it makes me feel happy to listen to some good music lightly during those times I am doing paperwork and orders, etc. Armando has been a sweetheart and allowing me to take his palm to work and listen to music. My palm doesn't have a speaker or way to listen to music.

I have been thinking about that little Sansa too much since we saw it. It sure is cool. Well, we will see...

Sorry I have not posted in so long. I've been at the new job three weeks and everybody tells me it will take me six months to feel comfortable. I am starting to believe them! The new job is stressful and there are many things to learn. I use a lot of programs every day and this is a whole new field for me. The last few weeks have been rough for me and I have been tired and just have not felt like doing much else besides resting when I get home. I worked overtime several days also. I think this job is always going to be stressful because you have many angry customers calling and yelling at you, etc and then you have a lot of multi-tasking to do and you absolutely have to be organized. I have had to learn to not take those customers personally. I am normally a sensitive person so that has been a learning experience.

I have heard a lot of stories about this new job from my co-workers. I've heard that they have a high turnover rate and many people take anti-depressants etc. I am trying to keep positive and motivate myself and find healthy ways to deal with the stress. I don't want to work at a job that makes me be on anti-depressants. If it gets to that point, I will be looking for a new job.

No comments: