Sunday, December 13, 2009

The sun’s aftermath

Tonight I started a new facial cleansing routine. I made the silly decision years ago to lay out in the sun (on purpose) to try to get a beautiful (in fashion) golden tan. I have fair skin. The outcome was one that I have regretted for years. I did not get that golden tan.

I remember at that time that my face became very red, I had blisters, and was literally sick with fever and chills. My skin suffered the damage and my forehead, since that time has had dry skin. Even when I put moisturizers on it, it seems it can never get enough moisture.

Never since that time have I intentionally laid out in the sun. It is awful for the skin and damages it even if you do not notice it straight away.

I am trying a product called “CeraVe” hydrating cleanser. I followed that with Avon’s rich moisture face cream. CeraVe is dermatologist recommended for dry skin and several dry skin related conditions. I will let you know what results I have with this routine. I am hopeful for good results.

CeraVe

I hope somebody reads my post and if nothing else, it helps save them from the mistake of damaging their own skin.

4 comments:

Luis said...

Hello!
well, you don´t need to be tanned.
Is funny, white Americans want to be tanned when they are naturally white...and Latinamerican people want to be whiter when they are naturally tanned.

I was whiter, but few months in Aguascalientes made my skin tanned and I never came back to my 'original color' since then :-)

I will try to use at least some sunscreen :-) I hope the Cerave works for you!

Crochet Goddess said...

I hope the new routine works. Have a great weekend.

ColleenQ said...

I have such oily skin, even at my age, I have to use Clearasil and other drying products - I'm not sure which would be worse, but good luck with your new routine.

Oh, and Feliz Navidad!

Luis said...

havent read anything on your blog, I miss your posts.