Sunday, May 06, 2007

What American accent do you have?

 

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West
 

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
The South
 
The Inland North
 
Philadelphia
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

I don't have a specific accent really. Probably because I moved every few years and I never stayed in one area long enough to develop an accent. I do use Southern slang sometimes but mostly just for fun and because I do live in Alabama! :)

Let me know your results if you take this quiz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting quiz, nice music. Be well,
J.

Anonymous said...

The results are what I expected, even being from Central Kentucky...

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.


While I have spent my life in Kentucky and "should" have a Southern 'hick' accent, I have a Northern mother, and an ear for accents, so I have almost no accent at all...and with my 'big' vocabulary, I've learned the correct pronunciation of words. My nephew Josh was chiding me at dinner just last Sunday because I say "Like" with a hard I as in 'hike'...the correct way, of course. He and all his friends say it as 'lack'. LOL