Saturday, July 08, 2006

Simply Great

I wrote last about struggles and I wanted to lighten up a bit this entry and talk about some of life’s simply great things.

You may not hold the same opinion of the following things but in my world, these ten things are simply great!

Books
You can drift into another world when holding the right book in your hand. I love being curled up in bed with a good book!

Traveling
You can really never have enough travel! I enjoy experiencing new cultures and different places.

Photography
When holding a camera in your hands, you learn to be still and look at everyday objects in different ways. You learn to reflect on the beauty of nature and your surroundings.

Love
Where would the world be without it? I really like giving love to things whether it is a plant or an animal or a person. (I really like loving Armando.) :-)

Music
I don’t think I could make it through without having music in my life. There are so many great artists and my taste is all over the place when it comes to music.

Antique Jewelry
Ok, not on everybody’s list but… It IS on mine. I really enjoy old jewelry!

Creativity
I really like making things by hand. I enjoy crocheting and I like most hands on things that involve creativity.

Cooking
I like delicious food and I enjoy cooking and baking.

Coffee
I cannot live without it.

The outdoors
I love trees and flowers, sunshine, pretty clouds and blue skies. I like being outdoors and feeling a breeze as it blows.

Feel free to share some of your simply great things too.

-Michelle

3 comments:

The_Gay_Dude said...

Great List!!!

Unknown said...

I'll second Marc's comment - Great list!

Now you have me thinking of my own.... hmmmmm. :)

~Joy~ said...

I will third that! It is a great list and I totally agree! I have to think of some of my own now! But they are pretty much all the same as yours are...especailly the reading one! I have many books and it seems not enough time to read them all...
And as far as coffee is concerned give me anything with caffeine and sugar and I am content!
Take care! Hope that you and Armando are enjoying your summer!
Love and Hugz
~Joy~